Sunday, February 22, 2015

P90X3 Block Two (Weeks 5-7) Recap

I am a little late getting this post up but better late than never, right?  I just finished the "meat" of Block 2 of P90X3.......and I LOVED it!  This block incorporated some weights....there was a leg day and an upper body day - along with all of the cardio.  I feel like I got so much stronger in this block!  I can do PUSH UPS!!!!!!  I noticed that I was not modifying as much as I was in Block 1 and I really enjoyed the workouts that repeated this month.  I noticed that it really helped when I would drink E&E before my workouts - it really gave me the boost that I needed to get through some of the harder cardio workouts.
Here's a breakdown of what I did
 
TrioMetrics
Old- School plyometrics is jump training. Welcome to Triometrics, X3′s state-of-the-art take on a plyo workout that goes far beyod simple jump training. “Plyometrix” here means explosive. It’s a highly effective means of training muscular efficiency or power. Triometrics’ incorporates three different levels for every exercise, each targeting a different physiological response while minimizing the downtime needed between movements. The result is a workout that increases speed and power in a fraction on the time you’re used to training.....Your booty feels it by the end!!!!!

The Warrior
This military workout repeats for this round.......I really struggled the first Block on this workout - but this month was another story!  I can FEEL myself getting stronger every week and could keep up the entire 30 minutes this month!  Woo hoo!

X3 Yoga
This repeats this month as well and is the active recovery your body needs after the beginning workouts of the week.  Flexibility is improving but still working on the crow!

MMX
This is a Mixed Martial Arts routine where submission is not an option. Combining karate, kenpo, jiu-jitsu, judo, and tae kwon do, this martial arts-based cardio workout does a lot more than increase your heart rate. In MMX you’ll burn fat by taxing your upper-body strength, core power, leg endurance, and flexibility. Plus, you’ll learn a new way to let your aggression out!  The beginning of this routine really tricks you.....you think it will be an easy workout...>WRONG!  This routine is no joke, but FUN!!!!
Incinerator
This is one routine designed to burn you out. Exercise is one of the few times in life where failure is a goal. With Incinerator, it’s your ticket to results, as you’re forced to bring it until there’s nothing left to bring. In exercise terms, failure is important in defining your limits. If you never fail, you simply cannot achieve your potential. This push-and-pull-focused workout uses back to back movements engaging the same primary muscle groups. The first movement targets hypertrophy (muscle growth) and the last movement pushes you just past your limit. With Incinerator, failure is your only option.

CVX
This is another repeat from Block 1 - cardio with weights.  Phew!!!!!!  .

No comments :

Post a Comment