Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Mexican Quinoa Salad

Do you ever just have a craving for something and you can't seem to shake it?????  That has been me and Mexican food for the last month!  It is all I want!!!!  And I had some quinoa in the fridge that I really needed to do something with................................ta da!!!!!!!  Mexican quinoa salad!!!!!  I added fresh avocado to each serving along with chicken.  You could also have it on a bed of lettuce or shredded cabbage (for crunch).  This was soooo good!!!!
Mexican Quinoa Salad
3 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup diced tomato
1 cup chopped red pepper
1/4 cup red onion
2 scallions chopped
1 cup corn (I thawed frozen)
1/2 jalapeno diced (be sure to remove the seeds and the white part)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lime or lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt (depending on taste)
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

Just dump and mix!  I let it sit in the fridge for about an hour and it was even better the next day.

No comments :

Post a Comment