Thursday, January 29, 2015

Healthy Super Bowl Recipes - Layered Hummus Dip

I am trying to find healthier alternatives to the typical buffalo wings and taco dip that arrive at EVERY Super Bowl party I have ever attended.  And no doubt they will be there this year.....but I am trying to find some things that I can add to the spread that won't erase all of the hard work I have been putting in.  I have found some winners and I am going to be posting them this week.

Layered Hummus Dip
1 5oz box of tabbouleh (far east brand)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup diced cucumber
1 cup diced and seeded tomato
1/2 cup diced red peppers
1/4 cup diced greek banana peppers (optional)
1/4 cup diced scallions
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c fresh parsley chopped
2 10oz containers of hummus ( I like the Sabra Brand)
8 oz crumbled feta cheese
Food should taste good tortilla chips

Make Tabbouleh according to the package directions.
Add olive oil, cucumber, tomato, peppers, scallions, lemon juice, salt and parsley and fluff with a fork.
Spread hummus into the bottom of a 9x13 dish, scatter half of the feta cheese on top.
Layer on Tabbouleh mixture and sprinkle remaining feta cheese on top and refrigerate.

No comments :

Post a Comment