Thursday, January 8, 2015

Amazing Chicken Marinade

I am always looking for a new way to make chicken.....let's face it, chicken can get boring........but every once in a while, you find a chicken recipe that blows you away......well THIS is my FAVORITE chicken recipe and it never fails!  I get asked for the recipe every time I make it.  SOOOO good and so EASY!!!!

Amazing Chicken Marinade
 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Marinade:
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup white wine
4 cloves of garlic - rough chop
2 tbsp hot sauce (like Franks or Texas Pete)
2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
2 tbsp grill seasoning
10 basil leaves, torn


Trim all visible fat and membranes from chicken breasts, I like to make small crosswise slits about 1/2 inch apart down the length of each chicken breast to help the marinade penetrate the meat. Put chicken in single layer in Ziploc bag.

Combine marinade ingredients and pour over chicken. Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or all day if desired.

Preheat grill to medium-hot and grill chicken 20-25 minutes, or until well browned and firm but not hard to the touch. (I've been cooking this slightly less than 20 minutes the last few times I've made it. Actual cooking time will depend on the heat of your grill and the temperature outside, so don't overcook.)

No comments :

Post a Comment