Thursday, November 21, 2013

Healthy & Sweet Banana Bread

So last night was another Banana Bread baking night...are you noticing a trend in my house? We NEVER get through a bunch of bananas before they turn brown! I really liked the recipe last week but it was more bread-like as opposed to cake-like. And I gotta tell you, I like the cake-y kind! So I tried this recipe that is still HEALTHY but had the TASTE I was looking for. 

HEALTHY & SWEET BANANA BREAD

2 cups all purpose flour
½ cup applesauce
4 large ripe to overripe mashed bananas
2 eggs
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup of chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350. Mix flour, baking soda, nuts and cinnamon in a large bowl. In another bowl, mix brown sugar and applesauce until completely blended. Add 2 eggs, vanilla, and bananas to the sugar and mix well. Add wet ingredients into the dry and fold until all ingredients are wet. Pour into a greased 9X5 bread pan and bake for 60-75 minutes until a toothpick comes clean.

No comments :

Post a Comment