Sunday, November 10, 2013

Healthy Banana Bread

I had a bunch of OVERRIPE bananas that were just begging to be transformed into Banana Bread!  I searched for a healthy recipe and found this from Honey We're Healthy.   The girls rolled up their sleeves and helped me get to work.
I was a bit skeptical about the end result.  I have never attempted a healthy banana bread and my favorite naughty banana bread is from Paula Dean...buttery, moist and tastes more like a cake than a bread.  I am happy to say this recipe exceeded my expectations.  Not as sweet or moist as Paula but still DELICIOUS!  Happy Baking!

Healthy Banana Bread
2 cups whole-wheat self-raising flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
3 bananas (very ripe)
¼ cup honey
2 eggs
¼ cup yogurt- lowfat Greek
1 tsp vanilla
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
  • Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
  • In a separate, mash the three bananas and stir in the rest of the wet ingredients. With a mixer, mix until well combined and the banana is smooth.
  • Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir together, but don't over mix.
  • Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for about 30 minutes.  
  • The bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments :