Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Amazing Chicken Stir Fry

I don’t know about your household, but every night at dinner is a STRUGGLE in ours...getting the girls to eat what is put in front of them normally takes great amounts of bribery OR a plate full of junk (chicken fingers anyone?).  I am constantly trying to balance meals that TASTE good and are healthy.

Well I am proud to say that last night, I hit it out of the park!  MY CHILDREN ASKED FOR MORE BROCCOLI!  It was a hit with everyone!  I am eating the leftovers for lunch today and my mouth is watering just thinking about it!  The recipe wasn’t really measured, it was a bit of this and a bit of that (my favorite way to cook) and as FAST.  I present….Amazing Chicken Stir Fry!!!

***Update 12/4/13***  I just made this again tonight and realized I left out one very important ingredient from the recipe!  Be sure you add the maple syrup or honey to the sauce!  It was a bit tart without it!  So sorry everyone!!!

AMAZING CHICKEN STIR FRY

½ cup Chicken Broth
⅔ cup Soy Sauce
⅓ cup Rice Wine Vinegar
1/4 cup real maple syrup or honey
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
4 cloves garlic- pressed
1 tbsp grated ginger (I use that tube that they sell in the produce department...it last for a few months in the fridge and is so much easier than grating)
2 tbsp cornstarch


1 chicken breast - cut up in chunks
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 red pepper - sliced
3 green onions, coarsely chopped
1 bag of the broccoli stir fry mix (in the produce section by the bagged broccoli)


Mix all of the wet ingredients together.  Drizzle a bit of it over the chicken and set both aside.  Let the chicken sit for about 10 minutes (you can chop the veggies while it marinates).  Turn a large pan on high heat, spray with Pam and add a drizzle of sesame oil.  Add the chicken with the marinade and the mushrooms.  Cook, stirring until the chicken is cooked through and the mushrooms are soft and most of the liquid has cooked off.  Add the rest of the veggies and the sauce.  Cook, stirring about 2 minutes (until the broccoli starts to soften but is still crunchy). 

Serve with brown rice or quinoa.

No comments :

Post a Comment