Monday, September 22, 2014

Clean Eating Chopped Greek Salad

I made a TON of this over the weekend to bring to work and I am SO glad that I did!  So yummy!  I waited to add the dressing until I got to the office so the salad would stand up for a few days.  I also added some shredded chicken and a little feta and YUMMO!!!  Really tasty and satisfying!!!!
 
Ingredients
1 hothouse cucumber
4-5 ripe roma tomatoes
1 large red bell pepper
1 small red onion
1/4 cup fresh parsley
15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
Optional: olives, feta, pepperoncini, chicken, shrimp

{For the dressing}
3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. salt

Directions
Make the dressing: in a small bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
Dice the cucumber, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes (removing any excess liquid from tomatoes).
Put vegetables and garbanzo beans in a large bowl.
Add dressing and toss to combine OR pour dressing on later.

Can eat immediately or refrigerate for at least an hour to let flavors combine. Some dressing will settle on the bottom, so stir before serving.

No comments :

Post a Comment